viernes, 20 de noviembre de 2015

Let’s Get Rural America Covered!

Dept. of Health & Human Services
November 19, 2015
By: Mary K. Wakefield, Ph.D., RN, HHS Acting Deputy Secretary
This Rural Health Week of Action, I’m thinking about home.
While my work as HHS’s Acting Deputy Secretary keeps me in Washington, every so often I get to make a trip back to the open fields and wide horizons of North Dakota. It’s the place where I grew up and it’s where I still call home. In fact, my first job in high school was working in a small rural hospital as a nurse’s assistant.
Secretary Burwell shares my love of rural communities. She grew up in the small town of Hinton, West Virginia.
In rural communities like Hinton, West Virginia and Devils Lake, North Dakota, you learn a lot about how a sense of community can spread over far distances. You learn that, even though you may not have as many resources as other places, with the right can-do spirit and by working together, you can accomplish even more.
That’s exactly what community leaders in rural towns across America are doing this National Rural Health Day and throughout the Rural Health Week of Action. Because the health of neighbors and friends matters in rural communities, they’re reaching out and spreading the word that affordable, quality health coverage is available.
READ MORE: Let’s Get Rural America Covered!

No hay comentarios: