viernes, 20 de noviembre de 2015

Mary’s #GetCovered Story: Increasing Health Care Options in Rural Communities

Dept. of Health & Human Services

Mary’s #GetCovered Story: Increasing Health Care Options in Rural Communities

November 20, 2015
By: Mary Kitchens, Bandera, Texas
I went for almost 17 years without health insurance. In 2008, while uninsured, I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. I was divorced and had four children and simply couldn’t afford the medical care I needed.
I live in a rural community, Bandera, Texas, and affordable health choices are limited.
Thanks to the Health Insurance Marketplace, I was able to get quality coverage in February this year that I could afford, with a deductible of only $500. The most exciting news for me was that thanks to the Affordable Care Act, I could not be denied a policy that would cover my MS because insurers can no longer discriminate based on pre-existing conditions.
READ MORE: Mary’s #GetCovered Story: Increasing Health Care Options in Rural Communities

No hay comentarios: