viernes, 6 de noviembre de 2015

She Was One Step Away From Bankruptcy Before This

Dept. of Health & Human Services
November 5, 2015
By: Cynthia Robinson, Huntsville, Alabama
I run my own company, which restores wildlife habitats and wetlands, working with government agencies, landowners and private enterprises. But, as a self-employed person, it was a challenge trying to pay for health coverage for my daughter and myself.
I have congenital joint problems and have had six surgeries on my spine since the 1980s. I’m facing a knee replacement soon. It was terrifying watching my insurance rates go up and up, until I was paying about $1,200 a month to cover the two of us. And then it became worse when the recession hit and I had to use up my house equity and pension to help cover living expenses.
As soon as I could, I enrolled in a plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace at HealthCare.gov. And with the start of Open Enrollment this past Sunday, I’m joining Americans across the country in checking out our options on the Marketplace for 2016 coverage.
When I enrolled during the first Open Enrollment, I qualified for tax credits and was able to get a policy that covered us for $438 a month. It has made it possible for me to breathe for the last couple of years. If something happens, I know my 22-year-old daughter and I are covered.
I was one step away from bankruptcy until the Affordable Care Act. I almost lost my house.
Cynthia Robinson, Huntsville, Alabama.
READ MORE: She Was One Step Away From Bankruptcy Before This
Share on Facebook

No hay comentarios: