martes, 22 de marzo de 2016

ACA’s Sixth Anniversary: No Caps on Jax’s Care

Dept. of Health & Human Services
March 21, 2016
By: Robyn Martin, Waldorf, Maryland
I never figured that the Affordable Care Act would affect me or my family. And then I had Jax.
My dear son Jax, a twin, was born with serious genetic disorders, including heart defects that landed him immediately in the neonatal intensive care unit. That first day in intensive care cost $150,000. He has gone through extensive surgeries since then. He faces even more in the years ahead.
I haven’t added up the cost of his care so far, but to illustrate the scope: He was in the intensive care unit for 21 days at the start of his life and 10 days in recovery after having open heart surgery. I have excellent health insurance through my employer, but without the Affordable Care Act, Jax would have hit the plan’s lifetime limits on his coverage.
Robyn Martin and her son Jax.
But because of this law’s protections, we did not have to worry about Jax’s health insurance coverage. We would have moved mountains to pay for health care for our son. But we’re very glad we don’t have to.
READ MORE: ACA’s Sixth Anniversary: No Caps on Jax’s Care
Share on Facebook

No hay comentarios: