viernes, 9 de diciembre de 2016

#CoverageMatters: Being Insured Helps Me Fly

Dept. of Health & Human Services

#CoverageMatters: Being Insured Helps Me Fly

Dan Foley. Raleigh, North Carolina.
When you’re riding a BMX bike, it feels like you’re on a roller coaster. But instead of being stuck on a track, you’re free to go wherever you want.
I’ve been really fortunate to get paid to ride. It started out as a hobby when I was younger, and I loved doing it more than anything else. I’m 26, I’m still riding and I’m able to make a living off of it. But the job doesn’t provide health insurance, and you can imagine how important coverage is to a BMXer doing the type of riding that I do.
Thanks to the Affordable Care Act, I was able to stay on my parents’ plan until I turned 26. I stressed out a little bit about signing up on HealthCare.gov, because I had heard some bad things from critics. But my girlfriend, who had enrolled last year, was like, “just do it; it takes like 15 minutes.” And she was right. It was extremely easy to shop and sign up for a Health Insurance Marketplace plan.
READ MORE: #CoverageMatters: Being Insured Helps Me Fly
Share on Facebook

No hay comentarios: