miércoles, 18 de enero de 2017

The Reality of the Marketplace: 11.5 Million Americans Signed Up + Me

Dept. of Health & Human Services
Whether you need the security of health coverage when you’re in between jobs or all through the year, it’s always been true that the Health Insurance Marketplace is there for you when you need it.
The Marketplace lets artists like Kathy pursue their business dreams, knowing they’re covered. It lets young people like Mina pursue a career they are passionate about. And it lets independent farmers like Darvin manage their health and continue providing for their family. No matter where you look, health coverage through the Marketplace is making a difference in people’s lives.
Everywhere I travel around the country, I hear stories from these people about what it means to be covered, and why coverage matters. It’s more than just a slogan. It’s the reality that people are living every day – and our family is no exception. Like millions of Americans, my husband Stephen has a pre-existing condition that could have prevented him from getting covered in the individual market before the Affordable Care Act became law. And like millions of Americans, I’m going to look to the Marketplace to keep our family covered in the coming days.
You read it right. At the end of the Administration, I’ll step down from my role as the Secretary of Health and Human Services. And I’ve got to stay covered.
Luckily, I know the Marketplace will have me and my family covered. Just like millions of Americans every Open Enrollment, I’m going to head over to the Marketplace, in my case, DC Health Link, and pick a plan that's right for me and my family. I could even sign up on my phone while I’m waiting to pick the kids up from school – it’s that easy!
I may not need Marketplace coverage for all of 2017, but that’s the beauty of the Marketplace. It’ll be there for me when I need it, just like it has been for millions of Americans over these last three years.
The current Open Enrollment period ends on January 31. 11.5 million Americans are already signed up for 2017 coverage, but if you don’t yet have health coverage, visit HealthCare.gov or your state Marketplace and explore your options today. Financial assistance may be available to help you get covered. In fact, most Americans shopping on HealthCare.gov will be able to find health coverage for less than $75 per month, after tax credits. Shopping for a plan has never been easier thanks to tools that help you find plans based on whether they cover your doctor or prescription drugs. And you can get help 24 hours a day, seven days a week, comparing plans and enrolling in coverage by calling 1-800-318-2596. Or find in-person assistance in your community at LocalHelp.HealthCare.gov.
Join millions of Americans (like me) and get covered for 2017! #CoverageMatters.
Share on Facebook

No hay comentarios: