Current Issues in Immunization NetConference (CIINC)
Immunization NetConferences are live, 1-hour presentations combining an online visual presentation with simultaneous audio via telephone conference call and a live question and answer session. Internet access and a separate phone line are needed to participate. On-demand replays and presentations will be available shortly after each event.
These presentations, collectively titled "Current Issues in Immunization," are scheduled 4 to 5 times per year. Specific topic(s) will be announced prior to each occurrence.
Each presentation is designed to provide clinicians with the most up-to-date information on immunization. And, are presented by the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases.
Date and Time: March 29, 2017, 12 noon- 1pm Eastern
Moderator: Andrew Kroger, MD, MPH, Medical Officer, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Speakers and Topics:
- Update on 2017 Child/Adolescent Immunization Schedule
Candice L. Robinson, MD, MPH, Communications and Education Branch, Immunization Services Division, NCIRD, CDC
- Update on 2017 Adult Immunization Schedule
David Kim, MD, Deputy Associate Director for Adult Immunization, Immunization Services Division, CDC
Adult NetConference Series
Please join us for a NetConference series on Vaccinating Adults, addressing key issues related to protecting adults from vaccine-preventable diseases. A collaborative effort between the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Maryland’s adult immunization coalition and state immunization program, the Vaccinating Adults series will feature six presentations by experts in promoting, administering, and securing reimbursement for adult immunizations.
- Wednesday, April 12 - Burden of Vaccine-preventable Diseases in Adults: Medical, Social, and Economic Costs
- Wednesday, April 19 - Provider Reimbursement for Adult Immunizations
- Wednesday, April 26 - Immunizing Adults: Immunization Schedule, Coverage, and Challenges
- Wednesday, May 17 - Immunizing Older Adults and the Chronically Ill
- Wednesday, May 24 - Immunizing Pregnant Women, Health Care Personnel, and in the Workplace
- Wednesday, May 31 - Clinic Logistics: Vaccine Administration, Storage, and Handling