National Rx Drug Abuse and Heroin Summit
April 17-20, 2017 | Atlanta, GA
The 2017 National Rx Drug Abuse & Heroin Summit, taking place in Atlanta, GA, April 17 – 20. The Summit is the largest national collaboration of professionals from local, state, and federal agencies, business, academia, treatment providers, and allied communities impacted by prescription drug abuse and heroin use.
Featured speakers include:
- Vice Admiral Vivek H. Murthy, MD, MBA, United States Surgeon General
- Newt Gingrich, Former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives, Advocates for Opioid Recovery Founding Advisor
- Patrick Kennedy, Former Member of the U.S. House of Representatives, Advocates for Opioid Recovery Founding Advisor
- Sam Quinones, Author, Dreamland: The True Tale of America's Opiate Epidemic
- Brad Schimel, Wisconsin Attorney General
- And many more!
Experts from CDC’s Injury Center will present on the following topics:
- Implementing the CDC Guideline for Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain: Real-World Strategies
- Lessons Learned in Using Social Media to Address Prescription Drug Abuse in Appalachia
- PDMPs at Work: Fentanyl Overdose Deaths and the “Holy Trinity”
- Lessons from Medicare: Opioid Use and Adverse Events among Disabled and Older Americans
- Fentanyl: Trends, Responses and Paths Forward
- Lessons from Medicaid: Prior Authorization Policy and Addiction Treatment Expansion
For more information or to view the agenda, visit the website at www.NationalRxDrugAbuseSummit.